Hi Simon,

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 01:19:14PM +0000, Simon Robinson wrote:
> I think this question is to Michael Hanke: I have just upgraded to Ubuntu
> Gutsy, and installed the Magdeburg Gutsy FSL packages.  The fonts on the FSL
> GUIs - other than FSLView - are illegibly small, and the buttons are tiny
> (please see attached snapshot).  I haven't had any similar problems with
> other applications following the upgrade. My graphics card is NVidia Quadro
> FX 540, with drivers installed by Envy. Have you any idea what the problem
> could be?  Thanks in advance, Simon.
That is indeed a bit small. I guess Tcl/Tk is using a sub-optimal substitute
font, because it is lacking a proper one. Perhaps this could be solved
by adding another package dependency. However, I'm not sure which font
package this should be. On my systems I have this:

michael@gandalf:~$ aptitude search xfont | grep '^i.*'
i A libxfont1                       - X11 font rasterisation library
i A xfonts-100dpi                   - 100 dpi fonts for X
i A xfonts-75dpi                    - 75 dpi fonts for X
i A xfonts-base                     - standard fonts for X
i A xfonts-encodings                - Encodings for X.Org fonts
i A xfonts-scalable                 - scalable fonts for X
i A xfonts-utils                    - X Window System font utility programs

How does it look on your's?

Have you used the FSL package before upgrading to gutsy and if so, did
it work before?

Thanks,

Michael

--