Narrative is not native to music or painting or dance, tho there are musical
forms that use words and therefore are parasitical on the verbal, dances that
"tell stories", as do representational paintings.   But for my taste at least,
all of these resonate with their narratives and not with the essence of the
media that underly them.   The essence of the narrative is words, and it is in
words that narratives achieve profundity. The essence of cinema is something
else again (an articulated image stream.)IMHO. I understand why you would be
troubled, but reflect on your original question! Why are there no "profound"
narrative movies?

 See what's new at
http://www.aol.com

*