Dear Celia,
The current rate at Dyslexia Action, Hampshire for an Educational
Psychologist assessment is £420. That is the rate set from September
2007-September 2008.
This is the rate for any age, with no concessions for students or
institutions paying. So the ALF of £375 would not cover that fee,
regards
Sue
Sue McKenna
Hampshire Dyslexia Association
135 St.Mary Street
Southampton SO14 1NX
www.bdadyslexia.org.uk
Tel: 0787 6277507

Email: [log in to unmask]

Slightly off the issue here, could others tell me
if Dyslexia Action have recently increased their
charges dramatically (and without warning) in
your areas. We were quite shocked last month when
students started calling, frantic that the £485
fee would not be covered by the ALF because it
was £110 more than we had told them.

We feel lucky to be able to use the ALF
successfully to fund home student Diagnostic
Assessments for SpLD, and use our ISDF
(International Students with Disabilities Fund)
to cover costs for students ineligible for ALF.
As costs shoot up we stand a chance of reducing
drastically the number of students who can be funded in this way.

I'd be interested in your responses.

Regards,

Celia

At 15:04 22/11/2007, Claire Shanks wrote:
>I am interested to know how institutions currently pay for their dyslexia
>diagnostic assessments?  We currently ring-fence funding from ALF to pay
>for assessments but are on course to potentially exceed this amount with no
>extra funds available, this is despite an increase in funding for dyslexia
>assessments.  Have any of you come across this before and if so, how have
>you resolved this issue?  One suggestion put forward was to look at the
>option of making this means tested in order to ensure the funds allocated
>are not exceeded.  Any advice or suggestions would be greatly received.
>
>I look forward to hearing from you.  Thank you.
>
>With best wishes
>Claire
>
>--
>

>Disability Coordinator
>Disability and Dyslexia Support Service
>The Hillsborough Centre
>Alfred Denny Building
>Western Bank
>Sheffield
>S10 2TN
>
>Tel:  0114 222 1371
>Fax:  0114 222 1373

>PLEASE NOTE: This email is intended for the named recipient only.
>The contents may be confidential and may also be privileged.
>If you are not the named recipient (or authorised to receive it for the
>recipient)you must not disseminate, copy, use or disclose its contents
>in any way. If you have received this email in error, please inform the
>sender and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Regards,

Celia
Disability Support Officer, Equality & Diversity
Department, King's College London, 7.36 James
Clerk Maxwell Building, 57 Waterloo Road, London
SE1 8WA  Tel: 020 7848 3799   Fax: 020 7848 3490.
This message may have been typed, but on a
typically bad RSI /WMSDs (Work related
Musculoskeletal Disorders) day it will have been
produced using speech recognition software;
please ignore any dictation errors I failed to recognise and correct.

For appointments, please contact the Equalities
Administrator ([log in to unmask]) 020 7848 3398.
Please note that the office is closed on Fridays.