Dear all,

This is a cross-posting from the DC-Education Community email list:
please join that list if you want to be involved in the work described
below! http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/DC-EDUCATION.html

After a hiatus following the DC2007 Conference in Singapore, we are now
getting under way with the activities the Community decided on at the
Working Session there, and on the e-mail list concurrently with the
Conference.  Please note the *Help Wanted *at the end of this email.

For a full report on the meeting please go to the DC-Ed Community wiki:
http://dublincore.org/educationwiki/

To briefly summarise:

- The Community made a lot of progress in 2006/2007, meeting its
objectives set in 2006, and gaining many new members.

- In the meantime, new draft requirements for Dublin Core Application
Profiles have emerged from  the DC-Architecture work, which give
considerable support to, and add more work to our AP activity.

- Interest in developing profiles for educational metadata has steadily
grown over the past year (see the Working Session Report for three
examples; there is also work happening now in the UK at JISC-CETIS).

- The Community has decided, in light of the strong interest in the
community, and the work involved, to form a new Task Group to complete
the DC Education Application Profile.  The Task Group will be composed
of people willing to carry out work; the Community as a whole will be
kept informed via this email list and the Community wiki as normal;
input will be sought and incorporated at every possible juncture.  The
Task Group will work via regular teleconferences and collaborative use
of the wiki, Googledocs and any other tools we think of!

- The Community has also acknowledged that, in order to carry out this
work to a useful and usable standard, it would be extremely helpful to
find some support for a funded project.

- We seem to have settled on the term Application Profile Module to
describe what we're doing with this AP.

*Help wanted:
*- Please disseminate this email to anyone you think might be
interested, and encourage them to join this email list.
- Please let me or Diane Hillmann know if you wish to take part in the
DC-Ed AP Task Group; we will be setting a date for the first
teleconference for the group very soon and if you want your availability
included in setting this date, we can do so if you contact us in the
next few days.  You can still join the Task Group if you don't manage to
get back to us by then, though.
- Please let me or Diane Hillmann know if you know of any suitable
funding streams around that could be used to support this work.

Best wishes
Sarah

--
Sarah Currier
Product Manager, Intrallect Ltd.

2nd Floor, Regent House
Blackness Road
Linlithgow
EH49 7HU
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 870 234 3933    Mob: +44 (0)7980855801
E-mail: [log in to unmask]