Does it make a big difference if you *don't* have "INSCALE OFF"?  I just
notice I've been doing it for years.

I use OUTPUT UNMERGED as well in my standard scaling script, in which I
run two scalas in sequence:  the first writes out the unmerged data and
scales, the second only merges.  The purpose is to have both unmerged
and merged data after I've scaled, the former for xprep, pointless etc,
the latter for sharp, refinement, etc.  If scala could dump out both
versions I wouldn't bother either.

phx.