MacPro Xeon NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 Stereo Nuvision problem

We just bought a Mac Pro Intel Xeon (2x 2.66 GHz) computer with an
NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 graphics card, connected to a flat screen SGI
monitor, and a Viewsonic G225fB CRT monitor.The Nuvision IR emitter
which we connected to the Mac Pro does not work, yet. The emitter works
on a linux system, so we know the emitter is o.k.  I also made sure
that the displays are arranged in the Mac System Preferences so that
the CRT display is No. 1 and the flat screen is No. 2., but that made
no difference.
So does anyone have a straightforward solution to this problem?
Is it a Mac issue?  A monitor issue?  I just want to see that little
red LED light up on top of the monitor, HELP! Thanks!