Yes, I'm on that panel. The topic is "Is public outreach enough?".

The African Diaspora Archaeology Forum is always a very lively discussion --
gets pretty loud sometimes, in fact! It's very casual and very much a GROUP
discussion...there are no formal papers, just a few comments by the
panelists to get things rolling.

There have been lots of "activist archaeology" sessions, at SHA, SfAA, and
SAA, over the past 5 years or so (and a couple of books as well, both
already published and in press).....but you are right, perhaps it's time
that the organizations come out with statements themselves. Of course, given
the recent debates on the WAC listserv, I doubt it would be easy to come up
with any consensus about what a statement should say. I think AAA is much
more centrally managed, in terms of it's ability to put forth position
statements of this sort.

carol

p.s. "concatenations of floaters in my Alphabits"?  Eeuww!

Carol McDavid, Ph.D.
1638 Branard
Houston, TX 77006
www.webarchaeology.com