Diana Kornbrot has started a small campaign that any course costs
should be displayed prominently. I agree.

Here's another request. It may well be advised as good practice on
allstat, but the web pages don't appear to be accessible, so I
can't check. In any case, there are daily violations of what
I am going to recommend. (And my own past practice doesn't meet
it entirely, but I'll try to do better in future.)

Please announce meeting (conference, seminar, lecture) _place_
and _date_ within the subject (title) of your posts. Often
I click on posts with titles as vague as "Seminar" or "Workshop"
only to find that space and/or time alone rule out attendance.
(Also, posters beware that some people just delete unread posts
with such vague titles as unlikely to be worth bothering with.)

A title like

Seminar: R.A. Fisher on statistical humility, Cambridge 1 April 2008

is I suggest good practice, enabling in most cases a very
quick decision on whether to read further. The precise time will
often fit in the title too.

Nick