Peter Edge doth schreibble :

<SNIPS>
> If your question is 'what if magic worked', you might well
> create different changes to criminal procedure than if your
> question was 'what if the working of magic was fully recognised'.
<SNIPS>

And thus my question, appended to the end of
my Anna Göldi post :

If sorcery were to be re-instated as a going
concern here in the States, would it perhaps
follow that the old Witchcraft Statutes would
be brought back into play, along with the
re-admission of "spectral evidence" into court
proceedings?

And might the claim to have killed someone by
magical means then carry the same weight in the
eyes of the law as a smoking gun?

And is anyone else shuddering at the thought of
what could result?

Cors in Manu Domine,

~ Khem