Hi Alice,

I recorded a fragment of whale vertebrae from the Iron Age/Romano British assemblage at Mill Hill, Deal, Kent, unfortunately i can't remember which species it was although i did get it identified at the Nat. Hist. museum, i could try and find out if you need this info, although it may take some time? unfortunately i don't think this data is published as it was my undergrad dissertation.

Also i believe Robin Bendrey recorded some dolphin from the 12th c A.D (?) levels at the site of Town Wall St., Dover, this site is published.

Kerry

Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:54:02 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ZOOARCH]
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear all,

I'm hoping some of you, particularly colleages in the world of contract/freelance zooarchaeology, might be able to help me...I'm trying to create a database of cetacean (i.e. whales and dolphins) skeletal representation for any time period in England preferably, but other assemblages from other countries will be welcomed too.  Has anyone come across any cetacean skeletal assemblages for which they could provide me with the raw data?

All informaton provided will be duly acknowledged and I will supply you with a copy of the resulting database and chapter.

Much thanks,

Alice

Are you the Quizmaster? Play BrainBattle with a friend now!