I have recently examined specimens of Canis familiaris (domesticated dog) skeletal remains from several sites in the southeastern United States. Many of these individuals have what appears to be a pathology (warped dorsal spinous processes, specifically on the thoracic and lumbar vertebrae) potentially related to occupation. Others have interpreted these pathologies as being indicative of weight bearing activities
(i.e., the dogs were carrying some sort of loads on their backs). In an effort to test this interpretation, I am in need of evidence of similar pathologies in draft animals. If anyone can provide citations of scholarly works that discuss this matter in detail (or know of any pictures of this pathology in draft animals), I would sincerely appreciate it.

You may view pictures of this pathology here.

Thank you!
Lacey Fleming

--
"Our hearts stay young if we let them."