Alice,

I have a large number of cetacean remains - i.e. hundreds of fragments
(mainly Tursiops truncatus with a few other species) from the
middle-late Saxon site of Flixborough N. Lincs - a rather unique dataset
for the UK. The monograph on the huge vertebrate assemblage will be
published by December this year but I will send you the raw data and the
relevant chapters regarding phasing and cetacean exploitation.

Keith

Alice Greenslade wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm hoping some of you, particularly colleages in the world of
> contract/freelance zooarchaeology, might be able to help me...I'm trying
> to create a database of cetacean (i.e. whales and dolphins) skeletal
> representation for any time period in England preferably, but other
> assemblages from other countries will be welcomed too.  Has anyone come
> across any cetacean skeletal assemblages for which they could provide me
> with the raw data?
>
> All informaton provided will be duly acknowledged and I will supply you
> with a copy of the resulting database and chapter.
>
> Much thanks,
>
> Alice

Dr Keith Dobney
Department of Archaeology