Dear All

We were only informed about this change at yesterday's ops meeting and
the explanation given there was not very clear. Now that the
documentation link is provided I can see that this is only a small
change. Basically when you define a site downtime period you can now
flag for this to be announced automatically to the relevant audience:

1) if a core node is impacted by the downtime then all ROC/RC/VO
managers are notified for the downtime. the list of core node is built
from the GOC db.

2) if no core node is impacted by the downtime then only the impacted
ROC/RC/VO are informed.

This should make your life easier. You do not have to use the Broadcast
tool in addition to putting the downtime in the GOCDB. Please have a
look at the documentation
(http://cic.gridops.org/index.php?section=home&page=SDprocedure) and we
will have a discussion on any concerns/questions at the UKI meeting on
Thursday (http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=19903).

Thanks,
Jeremy

[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; Coles, J (Jeremy);
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
[log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: New downtime procedure

------------

Publication from : Osman Aidel <[log in to unmask]> (CIC Team)

This mail has been sent using the broadcasting tool available at
http://cic.gridops.org

------------

Dear all,

As announced to the Operation meeting, the new downtime procedure will
be in production from 13:00 [UTC].
Thanks to this procedure :
- Sent emails will be standardized
- the broadcast targets definition will be systemized
- Any user might be notified
- Notification by RSS Feed and/or Email

Further details are available at this url :
http://cic.gridops.org/index.php?section=home&page=SDprocedure

Regards,
CIC Team