Dear All

Most of you will know that I maintain a list of links that I regularly
find useful for deployment & operations matters. The links are on this
page:

https://www.gridpp.ac.uk/deployment/links.html

I have just completed a refresh of the information and also revalidated
links. New links that might be of interest to you are marked "<== NEW".
For many areas such as storage and monitoring you will find better links
and information in the wiki:
http://www.gridpp.ac.uk/wiki/Special:Categories. If you find any broken
links or have suggestions of things that should be added please let me
know.

For news about what is going on in the various areas there are a number
of blogs which you probably already know about with the aggregated blog
here: http://planet.gridpp.ac.uk/. I encourage all sites admins to use
the blogs as a way of sharing information about site news, updates and
ongoing work... the blogs are certainly useful to me for picking up
trends and current issues and concerns.

If you check the storage blog today you'll see that Greig has posted
information about registration for the SRM2.2 workshop in Edinburgh.
Please register soon if you want to attend:
http://www.nesc.ac.uk/esi/events/827/.

At the end of this month the HEPSYSMAN meeting will be at Imperial
College and the focus will be on monitoring. You'll find more
information here: http://hepwww.rl.ac.uk/sysman/oct2007/main.html. The
agenda will change shortly to spend more time on discussion of (and
hands-on with) Nagios. Please register if you will be attending.

The next UKI monthly operations meeting will be in EVO on Thursday 25th
at 10:30 (this was originally to be Thursday 18th). The link to the
agenda can be found in the Indico system here:
http://indico.cern.ch/categoryDisplay.py?categId=338. The November
meeting will be on 22nd Novemeber (this was originally 15th).

Finally, if you are a sysadmin please do not forget to comment on the
SAM availability charts that I uploaded last week:
http://www.gridpp.ac.uk/wiki/SAM_availability:_July-September_2007.

Many thanks,
Jeremy