Hi Dominic,

I looked at it with Matt last week and there is no apparent reason why
the current configuration shouldn't work. The SE BDII is visible from
the site BDII machine and a plain ldapsearch works.

The only suspicious thing that came out is that 'SE1: no such object'
found in your bdii.log which could be due to some weird character in
your site-info.def which you don't seem to have.

I couldn't find anything meaningful on google apart from the fact that
clearly you are trying to publish something that is not foreseen in the
schema.

If it was me in your place I'd try to

1) look if an SE1 appears anywhere in the bdii files of both site BDII
and DPM.
2) rename the URL BDII_SE_URL and put  simply SE in your BDII_REGIONS
and reconfigure the bdii and see if SE1 is replaced by SE or if that
line disappears.
3) I'd run the configuration with additional printout from me to see if
I can pinpoint where it all goes wrong.

Other than that I suggested Matt to open a ticket for the BDII people in
GGUS. You should send them the log files as well. Tell them what version
of yaim, glue and bdii rpms you have on all your machines and the
site-info.def.

cheers
alessandra