The dll files are no longer used by newer MATLAB versions.  As you have the
newer mexw32 files, you could delete the dll files (or move them somewhere
out of the way).

There will be some new updates for SPM5 very soon.  I had originally planned
them for today, but they have been delayed slightly (I don't know how far the
other authors have got with their last minute modifications/fixes).
Hopefully, this will resolve the toolbox loading problem.  I only have
7.2.0.294 (R2006a) on this computer, and have not actually encountered this
problem.  You shouldn't need spm_config_sendmail.m, and a different user
interface for the FieldMap toolbox can be accessed via the Toolbox pulldown.

best regards,
-John