Since my earlier e-mail I have unpacked the most recent update for SPM5. I
now get as far as the control panel but it seems to ultimately fail in much
the same way as previously. Guidance as to how to overcome the problem would
be greatly appreciated. Below is the error output at present.

Initialising SPM....??? Error using ==> spm_platform>init_platform at 180
SOL64 not supported architecture for SPM

Error in ==> spm_platform at 66
if isempty(PLATFORM), PLATFORM = init_platform; end

Error in ==> spm_figure at 616
PF   = spm_platform('fonts');			%-Font names (for this platform)

Error in ==> spm_figure at 213
F = spm_figure('CreateWin',Tag,Name,Visible);

Error in ==> spm at 358
Fgraph = spm_figure('Create','Graphics','Graphics','off'); fprintf('.');

??? Error using ==> delete(gcbf),clear all,spm('PET')
Error using ==> spm_platform>init_platform at 180
SOL64 not supported architecture for SPM

??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback