Hi Maartje

That is indeed possible, though a bit complicated. You get the matrix
with the cosines via the program spm_filter. If you use the matrix in
K.X0 as a user specified regressor, and turn off the normal HP filter
by entering inf as the period, you can even make an F-test to se
where the filter had an effect.

Hope this helps
Torben

Torben Ellegaard Lund
Assistant Professor, PhD
The Danish National Research Foundation's Center for Functionally
Integrative Neuroscience (CFIN)
Aarhus University
Aarhus University Hospital
Building 30
Noerrebrogade
8000 Aarhus C
Denmark
Phone: +4589494380
Fax: +4589494400
http://www.cfin.au.dk

 >> help spm_filter
   Removes low frequency confounds X0
   FORMAT [Y] = spm_filter(K,Y)
   FORMAT [K] = spm_filter(K)

   K           - filter matrix or:
   K(s)        - struct array containing partition-specific
specifications

   K(s).RT     - observation interval in seconds
   K(s).row    - row of Y constituting block/partition s
   K(s).HParam - cut-off period in seconds

   K(s).X0     - low frequencies to be removed (DCT)

   Y           - data matrix

   K           - filter structure
   Y           - filtered data

___

   spm_filter implements high-pass filtering in an efficient way by
   using the residual forming matrix of X0 - low frequency confounds
  .spm_filter also configures the filter structure in accord with the
   specification fields if called with one argument

___
   Copyright (C) 2005 Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience