List members or their colleagues may be interested in the following vacancy for a Production Editor at BBSRC to cover a period of maternity leave. If anyone would like more details please call Tracey Duncombe on 01793 414694 for an informal chat.

Production Editor - Bioscience Publications (maternity cover)

£24,200 - £27,200 (pay award pending) + excellent benefits

Swindon

Ref: JRU 210/07

BBSRC is the UK's main public funder for research across the biological sciences. We invest almost £400 million a year in research and training in bioscience that underpins advances in pharmaceuticals, agriculture, bioenergy and other sectors that affect the UK economy and quality of life. We are looking for a talented production editor to ensure that our corporate publications stay accurate and professional.

Our corporate publications play a key part in promoting exciting research and, in this career-building role, you will manage their design and production.

A scientific education is not essential, but you must be able to deal with technical information as well as having proven abilities in areas such as editing, sub-editing, proofreading and print and image procurement. You must also be able to build strong working relationships with designers, printers and other suppliers.

Benefits include generous leave, plus excellent pension scheme and on-site facilities.

For an application form and further details, please contact Sarah Carter, Joint Recruitment Unit, on 01793 444468 (24 hours), fax: 01793 301102 or e-mail: [log in to unmask] quoting the reference number.

Alternatively all our documents are available on our website http://jru.rcuk.ac.uk

Closing date for applications: 9 November 2007.

No CVs please.

The BBSRC welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of age, race, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or gender.

--
Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) to whom they are addressed. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and inform the sender. This email and any attachments are believed to be free from viruses but BBSRC accepts no liability in connection therewith.