Alan,

My slowness in responding to this is a measure of not being able to comprehend or relate to it in a way that means I can respond, easily and quickly.

I don't use 'contiguity' in my daily conversation, or writing, so as yet I don't know what it means.  I see how you have defined it, as 'infomational connectedness'.   When I use 'continuity', which I do use in my daily conversation, I am meaning 'connectedness in time'.   So when I see you using it differently I wonder about how others might use 'contiguity'.

Then, for me to understand what you mean by 'gives rise to a new 'transfigural mathematics' in which the intrinsic discontinuity of both classical and modern mathematics, embedded in discrete numbers and 3-dimensional geometry is solved', you will have to take me beyond my present mathematical understanding and show me how it helps me comprehend and work with my world, or at least with my world view, in a way that is at least as powerful as my present understanding of the power of mathematics in my comprehending.  For me it needs to be more than a stringing together of new words ('transfigural matehmatics') if I am to follow you there (ie able to test and validate or otherwise deal with the claim that something or other is 'solved').

I am happy to concede that discrete numbers suggest intrinsic discontinuity (in space or time).   Classical mathematics has introduced fractions to 'fill the space', and even 'irrational numbers' (though by this stage I may have moved from 'classical mathematics' to somewhere else, I do not know the world of mathematical symbolism all that well).

I am happy to concede that three-dimensional representation of space tends to capture our capacity to conceptualise.  I have wondered if that 'threesome' tends to limit our world to groups of 'three' in models conceptualising processes, eg Habermas's 'technical', 'practical', and 'emancipatory' as scoped in Carr&Kemmis.  (And I am reminded at this point of George Kelly's suggestion of three-seven being the limits of easy remembrance.)

I do know that I comprehend space in the three dimensional, but not the space-time complex with time the fourth dimension.

I do know I can work with Rubrics cube, but only by pattern and routine, not because I am understanding the relationships of the permutations and combinations.

I have been interested to find, over the past decade, that I have inklings that the matrix is a powerful tool in helping manage complexity and interacting factors, but confess that I am limited, and by the emphasis on the two dimensional page where I do so much of my thinking work, which I can then describe and communicate to another, to a two-by-two matrix, as for instance now conveyed in Kemmis & McTaggart's extension of their conceptualising found in Denzin and Lincoln.

I am instructed that in aesthetic judgement a range of factors is involved in testing a composition: rhythm, balance, tone, contrast, dominance, harmony, ...; but if I do know what I like, I cannot put into words why I like it, and what judgements I am making in executing changes to finish off my sculpture, or to compose my photographic selection.

Maybe, as you suggest, I can just be ... my complex self ... but at that point I find I would expect to be even more isolated than what I experience in my struggle to communicate with others.  But perhaps that is only wishful thinking ... words on a page look like I am communicating.   Perhaps I am not.   In which case, it would be wise to withdraw from this enterprise and go and enjoy myself more with my camera and sanding bench and pieces of softwood.

Dianne

Carr, W., & Kemmis, S. (1986). Becoming Critical: Education, Knowledge and Action Research ( rev ed ed.). (Melb.): Deakin Univ Pr.
Kemmis, S., & McTaggart, R. (2000). Participatory Action Research. In N. K. Denzin & Y. Lincoln (Eds.), The Handbook of Qualitative Research (pp. 567-605). Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage.