From: "Jack Whitehead" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: AA Thread 1 07-08 Raising issues, asking questions, and making
networking available for practitioner-researchers

I want to respond to an issue that Alan has raised in another forum that
seems worth working on:

"Meanwhile, what continues to drive me round the bend is how difficult it is
to get even a small hearing for what we are trying to communicate. You might
have thought that, amongst other things, coming up with a new understanding
of evolution as a co-creative and inductive, not competitive and selective
process would make people (and publishers) 'prick up their ears'. But, no."

So, in the Monday evening conversations at the University of Bath we are
holding ourselves to account in terms of communicating inclusional
understandings of the living theories we are generating as
practitioner-researchers. You can access the Inclusional Research Forum and
Learning Space from http://www.inclusional-research.org/ . In responding to
a request to run a workshop for masters students at York St. John University
on 'Practitioner Enquiry And Living Educational Theories' last Saturday (the
20th October - and yes I missed the Rugby World Cup Final!), I've been
influenced by Brian's points about language. I'm hoping that the multi-media
notes at http://www.jackwhitehead.com/jack/jwlivthyorkstjohn2.htm are
helpful in raising issues and questions about enhancing the influence of the
knowledges we are creating from our practitioner-research.

In relation to making networking available for practitioner-research the
International Conference of Teacher Research (ICTR) is in New York on the 28
and the 29 March 2008, immediately following the American Educational
Research Association. As soon as the details are on the web I'll send them
on. It would be good to see you at either or both these conferences. I've
been asked to contribute a presentation at ICTR in relation to the theme of
Combining Voices in Teacher Research Communities and I'm hoping that this
thread will provide some inspiring material to show the educational
influences of our combining of voices in our networks of
practitioner-researchers.

Love Jack.