Andrew,

I'm disappointed you're not going to "engineer" a "leaf burial performance"
of their "neighbour".  Here's a link to a recent article which traces the
decline of the Corcoran back to the notorious cancellation of a Robert
Mapplethorpe exhibition:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/display.php?id=8297

Have managed to witness a number of in-person appearances by photographers
at Tommy The Cork's bottle over the years, but not much recently except
anxiety over whether I'm going to miss a long-delayed in-person screening
by Phil Solomon.  The money to host readings by out-of-town writers was
eliminated years ago.

Barry