I sent a substantial donation to The Nation, a US left-wing political mag
with a small circulation, for their fund to get this hike reversed. The
insidious thing about this rate hike is that it will make it cheaper for
Time & Newsweek to mail their tripe -- because they mail in such bulk -- but
much more expensive for small lit mags & political journals, because they
sometimes have only an iddue or two going into a particular postal code.

jd

--
Joseph Duemer
Professor of Humanities