Joe, y're a thinking man. I particulalry liked this:
 'Poetry is whatever manages to get said in spite of all the various systems
and ideologies that exist to prevent that saying.
 If many, or this group or that group, want to impose a system that insists
that poetry avoid the sentimental, than this is just what exists to be
overcome, ignored, disregarded.'

... and the poor adjunct teaching in North Dakota ... ha ha ...

I'm taking a workshop this afternoon, a walking workshop (influenced by
Stephen Vincent's works and interviews) and I always tell 'em, Break a few
rules (a la Pete Townshend) ... and Take Risks! (John Marsden, Aussie YAL
writer) ... I'll quote them this as well, Joe.

Andrew
http://hispirits.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/aburke/