From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Jon Corelis
Sent: 25 October 2007 16:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Kitsch poem: The Four Seasons

The Four Seasons

'Tis the last rose of summer!  I shrieked in dismay,
and soon its bright petals must wither away!
O whence now the peach, the pear, and the orange?
For answer the door of time creaked on its door-hinge.

'Tis the first frost of autumn!  I sobbed in despair,
and winter's sharp teeth soon will bite the day's air!
The leaves fall in shock at the season's cruel crime,
like a dandruff of years on the shoulders of time.

'Tis the winter's fifth blizzard!  I howled in a rage,
and my soul gnaws its tail like a beast in a cage.
Though winter is wan, yet my passion is purple,
for griefs have my heart by the hair, and they sure pull.

'Tis the spring-time's first peony!  I squealed in delight,
and its delicate bloom is for sore eyes a sight!
Now the season's warm joy holds the forests in thrall,
and I believe that I don't feel so bad after all.

[I some time back set myself as an experiment the task of writing the
absolutely worst in every way poem possible (and no you guys back
there I am not talking about the ones I've been sending all along.
Weisenheimers ...)  The above is the result.]