----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Barbour" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: "I - Thou"

> Ah, the commentary each of us has wanted at some time to make, Fred.
>
> Especially loved the grammar corrections....
>
> Am so often making mental corrections of even newscasters....
>
> Doug

I'd expect CBC newscasters to be at least literate.Real despair, political
and stylistic, lies in watching Glenn Beck and other American TV
"commentators."  The only consolation to which is that they disprove
McLuhan's contention, back in the early 60s, that a televised Hitler would
be impossible.  TV a "cool" medium, imposing coolness, as opposed to radio,
etc.  Even at the time this struck me as too optimistic.