Exactly Bob!

I remember when we had our first case of C.Diff, and the cause then was not
only hand-washing but the over-prescribing of antibiotics.

We addressed the hand-washing, and cleaning issue (why wards no longer have
a designated domestic i'll never know) but the mass prescribing of
antibiotics continued, and still does!!

The out-sourcing of cleaning is a now a major factor in this. Reap what is
sown?? Sadly gone are the days of having your own domestic as part of the
team, and if there was a problem (which was very rare) you could simply go
and say "Yvonne, can you just come and ....". What's the chances of that
now??

Very sad, and this is only back in 1997. mmmm, what happened that year, oh
yes, the NHS was saved, we've never had investment like it, we've never
been so well off!! We should be so lucky!!

I feel better now!

Glenn

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS:

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS
http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING EDUCATION
http://www.aohne.org.uk