Hi Diana,
Would it be possible for your HR/Wages dept to send out the forms with payslips and returned to you in a medical in confidence envelope either through the external or internal mail system....just an idea.
Trish

Message Received: Oct 24 2007, 09:27 AM
From: "Ford, Diana"
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Help regarding night workers

Could I get some idea of what other organisations are doing about night worker assessments? We are a large acute NHS Trust and until recently we sent a questionnaire to all night workers and collated the results on the computer. Anyone wanting a health check was given an appointment and anyone expressing difficulties with working nights was invited to see either the nurse or the doctor.
All that changed when we lost our computer system and had to buy a new one which is incapable of picking up the work address of staff and would only create letters to home addresses. It is not economically viable to write to hundreds, if not thousands, of staff at home.
We are looking at passing the responsibility to managers although they will not be keen. What is everyone else doing?

Diana Ford
Senior Occupational Health Nurse

FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS:

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS
http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING EDUCATION
http://www.aohne.org.uk