Dear All,

This paper (attached) from 2002 might be of interest to you re video use,

Best wishes,

Sarah

PS Yes please, Peter.
PPS David - has Rachel published her paper, please?

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:06:28 +0100, Peter Stopp <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>That is really interesting. I am currently researching a co-coaching
approach to tutor mentoring of primary trainees on school placements (a
draft was circulated previously but I can resend,if wanted). This
small-scale pilot indicates: a) student preference for the approach; b) more
oral self-reflective activity from the students, and c) a suggestion of
improved overall attainment by the sample cohort on the placement.
>Peter
>________________________________
>

>Dear All
>
>My colleague, Rachel Lofthouse, was until last year Secondary PGCE
director.  Along with secondary colleagues they introduced a process whereby
the PGCE students filmed themselves teaching, backed up by a specific
protocol about questions generated by both parties.  The video was then the
focus of mentoring.  She has researched the impact  - generally a positive
response with mentors reporting a shift in approach and thinking. Thhis
mirrors the effect that video seems to have on coaching, it helps even up
power relationships as the video provides a (relatively) neutral record
which PGCEer can interrogate, as well as mentor. She presented her results
at EARLI this summer.