Dear Rosalind
(and All across 2 BERA lists. Sorry for duplicated posting if you belong to both)

Yours are such superb questions both in relation to understanding mentoring in ITT and other contexts including 'research mentoring'. I have combined lists so we draw on everyone's expertise - and a new strand to focus on your questions,

Sarah

Rosalind Rice <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
 "What are the influences on mentors' in practice?" and
"What are their personal theories, and what are they made up from?"

Sarah Fletcher

Consultant Research Mentor
Company Name: Mentor2Mentor

http://www.TeacherResearch.net
Convenor for BERA's Mentoring and Coaching SIG