Thanks, Tom. I have a dandy chart of all these convolutions, but elsewhere. I remember that for Henri IV, the lineage line goes all the way back to a son of Louis IX for the royal ancestor of Henri de Navarre. Seems the Valois House was similarly "cursed." Henri II and Catherine de Médicis also had (at least) four sons who died without sons of their own: François II, Charles IX, Henri III and the Duke of Alençon, (Hercule) who took the name "François" after death of Fr. II. (Now THAT must have been confusing!) As I recall, the latter cast matrimonial eyes at Elizabeth I. But I'm treading out of period...
Best,
MG

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us. ********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html