medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture Dear colleagues,

We've been sitting here at terminals in the library trying to sort out a few problems faced by the list recently.

John Dillon, in a private e-mail, kindly informed me of the list's messages not being posted rapidly. Once he informed me, I was told by other list owners that they were facing the same problem. On contacting Jiscmail, the problem appears to have been something called QMAIL Back Scatter Spam; if you are truly geeky (or only geeky compared to us), you can get more information at: http://spamlinks.net/prevent-secure-backscatter.htm

On top of this, there was a very short-lived jiscmail 'site issue' (gotta love these euphemisms) going on during part of the time of the QMAIL Back Scatter Spam. This latter condition isn't yet resolved 100%, but ought to be soon.

During this time, there was an especially noticeable problem with colleagues using Yahoo e-mail addresses; these colleagues were not getting some messages sent to the list. For the past couple of days, this problem seems to have been resolved, but I am warned that this is not a permanent fix. So, if you use Yahoo e-mail address, you should consult the list's archives to ensure that you're not missing any of the hot and heavy list action. Wouldn't want that, would we?

Finally, I'm getting a new e-mail address myself shortly; once I do, you'll know about it.

Best to all, George

(Back Scatter Spam ... sounds like an unpleasant physical ailment, or what happens to the wall behind the stove when you fry Spam at too high a temperature ...)

--
George FERZOCO