"The curse is a myth."

I have to balance your unsupported declaration against the evidence to the contrary. Take it up with all who disagree:

"Templars: a red cross paty on a white ground/mantle/surcotte, Hospitallers: a white cross paty on a black (later also red) ground/mantle/surcotte. Even colourblind observers may notice the difference. And after 1307/12 there would have been no more confusion at all."
Henk

My note about the confusion had nothing to do with color or clothing, but transfer of property.
MG

Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! ********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html