see:
*Author:*  More, Thomas, Sir, Saint, 1478-1535.
*Title:* The historie of the pitifull life, and unfortunate death of
Edward the Fifth, and the then Duke of Yorke, his brother with the
troublesome and tyrannical government of usurping Richard the Third, and
his miserable end / written by the Right Honorable Sir Thomas Moore ...
*Date:* 1641
at p. 8.

Tom Izbicki

John Briggs wrote:

> Thomas Izbicki wrote:
>>
>> Similarly, the House of Lancaster & House of York descended directly
>> from Edward III of england through his sons; but they are treated by
>> some as if the direct line of descent from Edward was broken when
>> Richard II was overthrown by Henry Bolingbroke (Henry IV).
>
> Surely the House of Lancaster was only called that afterwards, and in
> contradistinction to the House of York. Who first called them that?
> Probably not Shakespeare, but it could well have been his sources.
>
> John Briggs

> to: [log in to unmask]
> to: [log in to unmask]

to: [log in to unmask]