Paul Chandler wrote:

> The text is also available online in various places, including in
> several searchable forms from the Clementine Vulgate Project <
> http://vulsearch.sourceforge.net/gettext.html>. I find VulSearch quite
> useful as it is possible to load it with the Stuttgart and Clementine
> texts, the Glossa ordinaria, and the Douay-Rheims English.

Do be aware that the 'Stuttgart' text is the usual defective pirated
version. The 'Douay-Rheims' is from  a modern edition of Bishop Challoner's
18th century version (he revised the translation to bring it more into line
with the King James Version...)  For that matter, the Clementine text itself
is from a 20th century edition with 're-classicised' spelling. The whole
thing has all the textual authenticity  of Project Gutenberg :-)

John Briggs

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]