We’ve had a Quantum M1500 (I think), twin drives, twenty tapes in the library, for the past four years.  It’s been unreliable and the maintenance has been costly to extend past the three years.  The loadings pins fall out of the tapes as well as the drives failing running at half steam.

Pat

St Francis Xavier College

From: JISC RSC for London Technical Advice Service Contact list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of tareque
Sent: 17 October 2007 15:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Auoloader Tape device

Hi

I would like to buy an Autoloader Tape Device. I am not sure which one is good. If anybody using this device could you please let me know?

Thanks

Tareque Chowdhury

Lead ICT Officer

Tower Hamlets Idea Store Services

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.(inbound)

St Francis Xavier College, Malwood Road, Clapham, London SW12 8EN.
Telephone 020 8772 6000 Fax 020 8772 6099.
College Disclaimer: The information or opinions (including any attachments) are those of the author and are not necessarily those of St Francis Xavier College, which disclaims responsibility for loss or damage arising from its use to the maximum extent permitted by law. E-mail messages sometimes go astray. If you have received this message in error, we'd be grateful if you would notify the originator immediately and delete the message without copying, altering or disclosing its contents. E-mails to or from St Francis Xavier College may be monitored by the College in accordance with its current policy. St Francis Xavier College is a successful inner-city post-16 provider of high quality education and training, mainly to 16-19 year olds with some adult provision in the evenings and at Broadoak site. If you want to learn more visit our web site at www.sfx.ac.uk
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.(outbound)