Does anyone else remember the Big Donor Show?

It was featured on BBC News in May/June.  It was a Dutch reality TV show, the purpose of which was to find a “winner” for some donated organs.  Serious discussion ensued, and then it turned out to be a hoax:

So, yes, I imagine a hoax like this *could* make its way onto the radio quite easily.  And apart from that, the fact that the domain is owned by the PR firm, the prominence of Lemony Snickett (I’ve never read any, but surely these books don’t have the most objectionably unhappy endings ever?) and the general lack of detail (as others have commented) really should tell us that it’s a marketing tool rather than a legitimate site.

It worked though, didn’t it?  Shall we try setting up a Foundation for Closing Public Libraries and see what happens?

Michael.