This may have already been discussed on this list, but I could not find anything in the archives.

We have been in discussion with our senior management regarding the establishment of an IR at Queen's.

While accepting that there are some immeasurable benefits to establishing an IR - improved exposure of research activity, senior management are more interested in quantitative measurements that demonstrate the benefits for both the University and individual researcher.

Not unexpectedly they are also interested in the costs of setting up and maintaining such a service.

Ricky
Principal Analyst
Information Services
Queen's University Belfast