On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, Chris Hills wrote:

> .........So far there are few vendors offering Layer
> 2 switching for IPv6 in our price range.

Go on, I'll bite. What do you need that is special for layer 2 switching
of IPv6? So far I run IPv6 over 15 quid commodity switches to cisco
6500's, with no major issues. The only major outstanding issue for a lot
of switches is proper IPv6 multicast pruning - but in the absence of that
multicast is done by broadcast, which is fine for Neighbour discovery,
router discovery/advertising etc, but could be a pig if you want to run a
lot of high def multicast video.

Jim