From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. on behalf of Elaine Richmond
Sent: Mon 01/10/2007 14:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: young people's club

Hi
I am currently involved in planning a club for young people at one of our
joint museum and library sites and I'm looking for ideas and help!
One of the main reasons for starting the club is that we are experiencing
some vandalism and anti social behaviour when young people gather in the
park around the building.  I was hoping that if we could engage the young
people in the building they may have more sense of ownership and less
inclination to cause trouble.
I was initially thinking of working with 8-13 year olds on Saturday
mornings and then maybe offering short focused projects to older teenagers
through the local youth club, but all ideas will be gratefully received.
many thanks
Elaine

Elaine Richmond
Outreach Education Officer