On 15 Oct 2007, at 11:04, Markus Gschwind wrote:

Hi Steve!
Thanks for the answers.

Quoting Steve Smith <[log in to unmask]>:
1.
I can open FA data in FSLveiw 2D nicely, but I cannot open any  FA-data (produced in FSL3 on Cygwin) in FSLview 3D. That means: It  atually works but I just don't see anything! Is that normal?

Have you tried setting the FSLView display range to 0:1?

Yes exactly. But I dont see anything. Acutally in the terminal it tells me:

"ERROR: In /home/duncan/VTK/Graphics/vtkPolyDataNormals.cxx, line 94
vtkPolyDataNormals (0xa2fccb8): No data to generate normals for!"

Are you talking about 3D view or all views? Can you see your FA data in 2D view?

There is no specific mode for showing FA data in 3D. 3D view will do a surface for the main image - threshold it with the box at the top of the display. It will also: blend in stats images and show an iso-surface for them; show the surface of mask images. If you want to view DTI data then perhaps you could try thresholding it appropriately (i.e., to isolate regions of similar FA) then setting it to Mask/Label in the image info dialog then switch to 3D.

Is that a compatibility problem of FSL 3 and FSL 4?

Thanks again, cheers,
Markus

--

Markus Gschwind, M.D.
Laboratory for Neurology and Imaging of Cognition

Tel 0041 (0) 22 379 5324
Fax 0041 (0) 22 379 5402

Associate Director,  Oxford University FMRIB Centre

FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington, Oxford  OX3 9DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
[log in to unmask]    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve

Markus Gschwind, M.D.
Laboratory for Neurology and Imaging of Cognition
Dept of Neurosciences
University Medical Center (CMU)
1 Michel-Servet - 1211 GENEVA - CH

Tel 0041 (0) 22 379 5324
Fax 0041 (0) 22 379 5402
email: [log in to unmask]
http://labnic.unige.ch

--
Cheers, Dave

Dave Flitney, IT Manager
Oxford Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain
E:[log in to unmask] W:+44-1865-222713 F:+44-1865-222717