Hi,

This is generally hard as no readily-available MR sequences show up
bone as anything but dark; it's much easier with CT. However, if you
get good quality T1 _AND_ T2 you can use BET2 to get an estimation of
where the skull's internal and external surfaces are, which generally
works well for the majority of the head.  See the BET manual page for
more information.

Cheers, Steve.

On 15 Oct 2007, at 08:08, Vincent Keereman wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I’m segmenting MR brain scans, but apart from WM, GM and CSF, I
> also need to locate the bone structures  correctly. Does anyone
> know if there are any tissue probability maps/templates available
> for bone?
>

> BR,
>

> Vincent

---