Thank you very much for your quickly answer!

The only reason is the other data in this project are all in Talairach space. I need compare VBM data to other data.

________________________________

From: Russell Poldrack [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 2007年10月3日 18:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] VBM and Talairach

Why do you need to transfer to Talairach space?  See these papers for reasons why you might not want to do that:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17870621

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=11994756

cheers

russ

On Oct 3, 2007, at 3:49 PM, Zhang, Xiaochu (NIH/NIDA) [F] wrote:

Hi FSL experts,

I’m working on the VBM data with FSL-VBM. FSL is really good at the VBM analysis. Thank you very much for all FSL guys!

However, I need combine the VBM data to some other kinds of data (e.g., the BOLD data) and these data had been analyzed by AFNI.

The VBM is in MNI space, now. Therefore, I need transfer it to Talairach space.

Now, there are two ways:

1. Ttransfer to Talairach from MNI after fslvbm_3_proc.

2. Let the grey-matter partial volume aligned to Talairach standard space instead of MNI152 space.

The first question is which way is better.

I prefer the second way.

However, I don’t know how to modify the script (fslvbm_1_bet? Fslvbm_2_template? Or fslvbm_3_proc?) and where I can find the Talairach space template file (for replace the MNI152 file).

Thank you very much!

Xiaochu Zhang Ph.D

Visiting Research Fellow

NIH/NIDA-IRP

5500 Nathan Shock Drive

Baltimore MD 21224

Tel: (410) - 550 - 1440 ext. 434

---

Russell A. Poldrack, Ph.d.

Associate Professor

Wendell Jeffrey and Bernice Wenzel Term Chair in Behavioral Neuroscience

UCLA Department of Psychology

Franz Hall, Box 951563

Los Angeles, CA 90095-1563

phone: 310-794-1224