Hi

On 19 Oct 2007, at 21:15, Jenny Robinson wrote:

> I am getting a similar error message using 20 rather large 4d files.
>
>   Data size : 4440 x 26636

This is quite large but should work on anything with at least 4GB of
memory

> Starting PCA  ... melodic(2354) malloc: *** vm_allocate
> (size=946114560)
> failed (error code=3)
> melodic(2354) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
> melodic(2354) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
>   what():  St9bad_alloc
>
> Has there been any resolution to this?

There's only two options: get a system which is adequate for the data
or massage the data so that it can be processed on your existing
system. For the latter you can increase the 'Resampling resolution
(mm)' setting in the Registration tab of the Melodic GUI or set the
dimension explicitly, e.g. setting it to maybe 50 components.

> I'm unsure where the szone_error file is to set a breakpoint and
> what I
> would set it at to get the analysis to run.  Also, has there been
> an answer
> as to whether you can feed MELODIC the individual .ica's instead of
> rerunning that portion of the analysis?

You can use the command line version and simply feed in the processed
data already, either as a comma-separated list (no spaces!) or simply
create a text file with one input file name (including the full path)
per line and feed that one in as the input file - melodic will
recognise that it's not NIFTI but a text files of NIFTI files.

hth
Christian