I've run both bedpost and bedpostX on various data sets,and  the
crossing-fiber algorithm tended to take 3-6 times as long.  I think it's a
lot more computationally intensive.

Fortunately it parallelizes well, and you only have to run bedpostX once on
a given data set.

DG

--
David A Gutman, M.D. Ph.D.
Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences