Hi Matt,

Mark J posted a script that can use the NIfTI header info to generate
a FLIRT transformation:
   http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind0701&L=FSL&P=R20004
I think if you apply this transformation with flirt, with the standard
as the -ref, then your FSLview results should match your MRIcron ones.

I'm guessing MRIcron resamples a binary ROI in the space of the
standard image, with either nearest neighbour interpolation or linear
followed by re-binarisation at a threshold of 0.5 -- you might need to
find out its implementation details to exactly reproduce the results.
Possibly MRIcron has an option to write out the resampled ROI, that it
presumably stores internally for display purposes?

Hope that works,
Ged.

P.S. Another option, if you use SPM (sorry to mention the enemy on
this list again!), is to use "coreg"->"reslice" with the standard
image defining the space and the ROI in the "other images" (or words
to that effect). The resulting ROI images prefixed with "r" should
then overlay properly in FSLview. Check out spm_reslice if you want to
avoid using the GUI.