From: Evidence based health (EBH) <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wed Oct 24 03:02:48 2007
Subject: EBM for public consumption

Greetings!

I was recently asked to join forces with a medical writer to develop a weekly column for our city's newspaper.

While uncomfortable with that notion I did agree to collaborate on a series that would take a critical look at a high profile study appearing in the lay press and then try to provide an understandable analysis with practical recommendations for the readership.

The products of this first effort can be accessd at the link below and deals with what was a highly publicized study from the New England Journal of Medicine about screening techniques in colon cancer.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/arts/index.html

I'd be interested to know if anyone on this listserve has experience with communicating EBM to the general public in this way or if you have any thoughts or suggestions related to this kind of initiative.

Best wishes,

Eddy Lang
Montreal, Canada

Legal Disclaimer:

This email is confidential  and intended solely  for the use of the  individual
to  whom  it  is  addressed.  Any views or opinions  presented are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent  those of  the  Organisation. If
you are not the  intended   recipient,  be  advised  that   you  have  received
this  email in  error  and  that  any  use, dissemination, forwarding, printing
or copying  of this  email is  strictly  prohibited. If  you have received this
email in  error  please  notify  the  sender.  This  e-mail  has  been  checked
for  viruses  using  anti-virus  software