Mohsen

Thanks for sharing this - it looks like an interesting resource...

Bill Cayley

Mohsen Zalabani <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Dear all, I came across this new "evidence based" search engine: http://www.curbside.md/ This search engine "utilizes semantic fingerprinting technology". "That means you can enter naturally phrased clinical questions to search evidence based material" The search results page are organized in a nice way into the following categories: 1. Best Hits: the most relevant results across ALL sources. It can be refined using one of the tabs for differential diagnosis, treatment, epidemiology, etc. 2. Visual Diagnosis: images related to your search. 3. Quick Consult: overview articles when you're not entirely familiar with the topic you are searching. 4. The Best Evidence: divided into systematic reviews and clinical trial outcomes. I found that sometimes systemic reviews show in no.3 rather than in this category. 5. Clinical Trials: from ClinicalTrials.gov As you know, The semantic web like web 2.0 does not depend on key words. So, this site encourages the user to use the natural
 phrase as if you are asking your colleague. This concept may be odd for us dealing with keywords and even controlled vocabulary. The site stated that you can use keywords, but trying to do this did not give me the best results. Regards, ==================== Abdulmohsen Alzalabani MBBS, ABCM, MHPE Consultant Community Medicine Director, Medical Education Technology Department Faculty of Medicine, KFMC Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Tel +96612889033 Mobile +966505654549 [log in to unmask]

Bill Cayley, Jr, MD MDiv

Work:
Augusta Family Medicine, 207 W Lincoln, Augusta, WI  54722
Tel: 715-286-2270
Pager: 715-838-7940

Home:
3604 Sharon Drive, Eau Claire, WI  54701
Tel: 715-830-0932
Mobile: 715-828-4636