http://www.wallacecollection.org/collections/event/774

The Anthony Powell Annual Lecture: 'Come Dancing' Some reflections on the work of Anthony Powell
*
Saturday 17th November, 2007
6:30pm - 8:30pm

The Wallace Collection,
Manchester Square
London W1U 3BN

Following the success of our recent centenary exhibition on the novelist Anthony Powell, which explored the many links between Powell, his world and the Wallace Collection, we are delighted to announce the inauguration of an annual lecture which will explore facets of Powell, his work and his influence.

The inaugural 2007 lecture, organised in association with the Anthony Powell Society, will be given by Tariq Ali. Novelist, historian and political campaigner, Tariq Ali has been a lively presence on the Left for over forty years. He will speak about his admiration for Anthony Powell's work. His own novels include a historical sequence about Islam.

Ages: Adults
£10, includes a glass of wine,
booking essential on 020 7563 9551

Tariq Ali's Islam Quintet includes: