Dear Colleagues,

I am a research student at Leeds Metropolitan University. My project
aims to look at relationships between English Language skills and
progress of students on NVQ courses/workbased learning such as health
and safety/ food hygiene/ childcare/ plumbing etc.

I am looking for courses which provide workbased training/NVQs (at Level
1/2) to learners who may have ESOL needs. It's not necessary for the
students to be on ESOL classes as well. In fact, it will help me to have
access to some groups where the students are not receiving any extra
ESOL help. Ideally the courses need to be three months to a year long as
I am looking at progress and need to see the students at the beginning,
in the middle and at the end of their course. I need about three to six
groups of learners on courses in and around Leeds/Bradford.

I am quite happy to come and talk about the project in more detail to
relevant staff and learners.

Naeema B.Hann

PhD student

Leslie Silver International Faculty

Leeds Metropolitan University

Macaulay Hall

Headingley Campus

Leeds LS6 3QS

ph.+44+(0)113-812-3581 (direct)

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for
researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching
and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the
Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University
of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to
using Jiscmail lists can be found at:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list
owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]